- Document Location
- Home > Mids Life > Post Graduation
Midshipmen can decide‚based on their interests‚ what they want to do after graduation. There are many areas for them to choose from.
- Being commissioned as either a Naval or Marine Corps Officer means an opportunity to become one of the great eaders in the era of the powerful Korean Navy.
- There are many specialized corps from which graduates can choose. Once commissioned‚ they will work as professionals with special skills.
- Newly-commissioned officers are given a chance to study in both domestic and overseas graduate schools for masters and doctorate degrees funded by the government.
- They are given a chance to acquire a number of useful licences such as a licence for commercial flight‚ navigation‚ and engineering‚ depending on the area they work for.
- They can choose to retire from the military after 5 years of serving as an officer.
- An officer is one of the most secure jobs in the labor market. A lifetime pension is given when an officer retires after serving for over 20 years.
- Female officers are welcomed and actively supported.
- Officers can participate in overseas naval education programs